We have recently discovered a possible incompatibility issue with Sandisk Ultra 32GB microSD cards. At this time we advise you do NOT use Sandisk Ultra 32GB microSD cards with iris360. Below is an image of the card:
Note: Lower capacity Sandisk Ultra cards do not appear to be affected.
There are a number of reasons why a microSD card may fail to be detected by your iris360 unit, but by far the most common reason is probably because at some point during usage the microSD card was removed while the unit was powered up.
Even though the LED Status Indicators on the top of the unit are showing Blue, the system could still be writing data to the microSD card.
Removal of the card while data is being written to it will almost always inevitably result in data corruption to the card which in turn will result in your iris360 unit failing to detect or be able to read/write to the card.
To prevent this happening:
- Always ensure you are running the latest firmware version on your iris360 unit: https://goo.gl/WwnIgX
- Never remove the microSD card while the unit is powered up
- Always power down the unit BEFORE removing the microSD card
If your card is not being detected by your iris360 unit:
- Power down your iris360 unit
- With the unit powered down, remove the microSD card from the unit
- Copy any data from the card to your computer
- Reformat the card using Fat32 as the file format
- Insert the card into the unit
- Power up the unit
The microSD card should now be detected by your iris360 unit.