The latest version of the iSTAR SDK - v2.1.0 is available to download here:
Requires firmware v2.1.7+
Several minor improvements and bug fixes:
- iRecorder live view settings now accepts non-integer values for exposure time
- reported live view frame rate more accurate
- display camera status - ready, capturing, processing etc
- files no longer listed as directories and vice versa
- iicons embedded - no need for external icon file
- tilt in Z axis added
- extended GPS information added
- only connect if firmware is high enough
- access camera model name and licence features
- new GetState() command to find state of camera
Released 20 October 2014
Requires firmware v2.0.10+
As 2.0.5 with two bug fixes:
- images no longer mirrored / badly coloured when reading from NCTRI file
- removed 1px vertical stripe on image during high resolution streaming
Released 17th September 2014
Requires firmware 2.0.10+
Now provides control over all main camera features:
- control all camera settings
- access all status information
- capture images
- copy captured images and other files from camera
- browse and delete files on camera
- view/record live video streams
Greatly simplified architecture allows clearer coding style.
Should work with any recent C++ Windows compiler - tested with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.
Released 30th April 2014
Requires firmware 1.12.6+
- Added GetSerialNumber() and GetFirmwareVersion() to allow finding basic information about a connected iSTAR.
- Added Ping() to allow detecting iSTAR cameras on the network.
- Fixed bug where Connect() returns true whether connection has succeeded or not.
Released 24th April 2014
Requires firmware 1.12.5+
- Added GetSystemTime() and SetSystemTime() to allow reading and setting the iSTAR
- on-board clock.
- Fixed bug where stripe appeared in image at low exposure times and low resolutions.
Released 18th March 2014
Requires firmware 1.10.11+
- Added GetMilliseconds() function to iStarFrame to increase timestamp accuracy to millisecond
- resolution. (Will return random data on firmware older than 1.10.11!)
Released 5th March 2014
Requires firmware 1.9.11+
- Added functionality to read .nctri (NCTech Raw Image) files and extract raw image data and
- common parameters such as time, ISO, exposure time, compass heading, GPS location.
- Functions now generally take string parameters in the form const char * rather than
- std::string - this is part of ongoing work to support a wider range of compilers and enable
- dynamic linking to iSTAR.dll. Simply replace function(mystring) with
- function(mystring.c_str()) where necessary.
- Supports using the Debug C++ Runtime Library (/MDd) during debug builds.
Released 17th November 2013
Requires firmware 1.9.8+
- Initial Beta Release.