ColourCloud uses iSTAR image data to automatically colourise laser scan point cloud data.
In this version - Simple Drag and Drop user interface.
- Batch processing allowing hundreds of scans and iSTAR images to be processed automatically from a single Drag and Drop.
- Displays the scan resolution, number of valid scan points, output resolution and iSTAR / Scanner positional offset.
- Creation of Log files for each processed scan.
- Creation of colourised scan file from original scan data and iSTAR image.
- Creation of Hi Res interpolated scan from Low Res scan producing visually vivid colourisation ideal for fly-throughs by using the full HDR resolution of iSTAR.
- Creation of 360 degree equirectangular Range, Intensity and HDR Colour iSTAR PNG's.
- Occlusion detection and automatic infill of occluded areas.
- User selectable options for infill include Copy, Transparent or Interpolated.
Download and installation instructions
ColourCloud requires 64bit Windows 7 or higher with 4GB RAM to run. Large scans require more RAM.
ColourCloud requires a registration key and calibration file to be sent to you before it can be used.
ColourCloud supports UK and USA Languages only at present. For international language systems, please check your "International Settings" on your PC and change the decimal separator from a comma "," to a point "."
- Download the NCTech-ColourCloud-Beta zip file (10Mb) using the button below.
- Extract the .zip file on a PC and run the installer.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- You may require a new calibration file to be sent in a separate email. iSTAR serial number will be required.
- Copy your calibration file to the C:\Program Files\NCTech\ColourCloud\CalibrationFiles Folder.
- Run ColourCloud from the start menu or desktop icons.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register your copy of ColourCloud.
- Drag and drop a folder containing your .E57 scan and istar .nctri file onto ColourCloud.
- Press 'Process'.
- Your coloured scan will appear in your folder. Thats it, its that easy.