ISTAR Firmware Update V1.5.2 - Dated 01/05/2013
We recommend that all users of iSTAR consider upgrading to the latest version of Firmware.
Important : If you wish to use the SD Card for taking images, you should first delete the firmware file from the card before inserting it back into iSTAR.
To install firmware update v1.5.2:
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a blank SD card
- Insert the SD card into your iSTAR unit
- Turn on your iSTAR unit
- After a moment, the iSTAR logo appears on the touchscreen
- After around the 1:10 minute mark, a message indicating that software is updating is shown on the touchscreen
- Wait until the update finishes and your iSTAR unit turns off
- Remove the SD card and turn on your iSTAR unit
- Delete the contents of the SD card before using it in your iSTAR unit
New Features Include :
Improved upgrade stability
Resolved issues regarding firmware upgrades that allow stability for future development
New features currently in development
We are currently working on the following features which will be implemented into new firmware updates:
- Enable Tilt and Compass, and save the data to metadata.
- Improving the auto white balance
- Improving the exposure settings across the HDR exposure stack
- Implementing onboard stitching
- Ongoing SDK development
- Export to cube face and equirectangular file types
- RAW file format
- Implementing image sharpness options
- New UI look and feel
- Enable GPS
- Advanced DHCP server for enhanced remote capture over WiFi.
- Batch stitching