ISTAR Firmware Update V1.4 - Dated 09/04/2013
Important : If you wish to use the SD Card for taking images, you should first delete the firmware file from the card before inserting it back into iSTAR.
To install firmware update v1.4:
Note: The process is a little bit technical but it's well documented so as long as you follow the steps carefully everything should be fine. If anyone is unsure or uneasy about following the instructions, we can send to you an SD card with the update ready to be installed. Simply let us know and we'll ship the SD card to you.
- Download and read in full the update documentation documentation: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxrfkUwsMXFfMmRYcXZlWll3Vk0/edit?usp=sharing
- Download the software you will need: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxrfkUwsMXFfWmVaVGZHWjlXbWM/edit?usp=sharing
- Download the firmware itself: www.nctechimaging.com/downloads/firmware/2013-04-05_v1.4.zip
- Finally, follow the instructions to install the firmware update
New Features Include :
Users can now modify the date and time clock in : Settings : Date & Time Settings.
The date time information is saved in the metadata of each image captured.
Storage Space Check
Checks for available space on SD Card or USB Stick before allowing capture
Camera name is now stored in image metadata.
Improved User Interface
- Fullscreen countdown timer when using timer capture.
- The battery display icon now shows when mains charging is taking place for all batteries states.
- Improved touch recognition on back arrow & power off buttons.
- Live View has been removed from timer capture screen to improve battery life. (Live View requires significant processing power and battery charge was being wasted during long timer delays or when camera is being used frequently)
- Option to never power down has been changed to a maximum of 1Hr.
New features currently in development
We are currently working on the following features which will be implemented into new firmware updates:
- Enable Tilt and Compass, and save the data to metadata.
- Improving the auto white balance
- Improving the exposure settings across the HDR exposure stack
- Implementing onboard stitching
- Ongoing SDK development
- Export to cube face and equirectangular file types
- RAW file format
- Implementing image sharpness options
- New UI look and feel
- Enable GPS
- Advanced DHCP server for enhanced remote capture over WiFi.
- Batch stitching