This is technically possible, but only with an iSTAR with a Pulsar license loaded. Customers with iSTAR Fusion or iSTAR Fusion Lite may contact our sales team to discuss upgrading their current license.
Let's start first with a clarification of expectation - iSTAR Pulsar does not "record 360° video". What it can do however is via our iSTAR SDK, send a constant data stream to a Windows PC which a user may then record using a suitable 3rd party application.
To initiate a live stream from iSTAR to PC:
- On the iSTAR device, browse to Settings>Ethernet Settings and set Ethernet: DHCP(Server) - the default settings should be fine for all else
- Download and extract the iRecorder application from our SDK (both files here)
- Connect iSTAR to your PC via ethernet cable - wait for your machine to recognise the camera as an additional network
- Launch iRecorder, select the camera and connect to it
- Select "Live View", and you should see a live stream from the device
Note that our SDK is provided without support, therefore NCTech will be unable to assist with the troubleshooting of any issues encountered.